Fibrolamellar Hepatoma [00615] Medicine On Line

Fibrolamellar Hepatoma

Mr. Reynolds,				9/12/96

Our son was diagnosed with Fibrolamellar Hepatoma in December of 1993. He
was only 18 at the time. Since then he has had three major operations.
Although his liver has been clear of the malignancy since the first
operation, the disease had matastisized to other areas. Two of his
operations were performed by Dr. Paul Sugarbaker and his team of surgeons
at Washington Hospital Center in Washington D.C. The last operation
was in December of 1995. The procedure is know as
cytoreduction (debulking) surgery, with postoperative intraperitoneal
chemotherapy. Ted has been working part-time since the operation and is
planning to go to college full time this fall. We pray there will be no
reoccurence of the disease. Perhaps this doctor could be of benefit to
you. If interested the address of the hospital is 110 Irving St. NW,
Washington D.C. 20010.

				Pete and Jane Temple
				Celina, Ohio