Pancreatic Cancer [00602] Medicine On Line

Pancreatic Cancer

I recently had Whipple surgery to remove a Pancreatic cancer tumor, with a
successful resection and no observed spread.  Now the doctors are recommending
radiation and chemotherapy to kill any remaining hidden tumor cells.  I am very
concerned about the long term effects of radiation, and possibly chemotherapy.
I would like to explore alternative choices:  chemodrug combinations,
biotherapy, immunotherapy, etc.  I am being urged to start therapy immediately;
but I am not yet comfortable doing this.

I would appreciate responses which help me to understand the pros/cons of
various therapy choices.

thanks for your contribution to my long term health,

Brian