hydroxurea [00601] Medicine On Line

hydroxurea

my father has been taking hyrdoxurea for the past seven years or better.
 He is presently in the VA hospital in Largo with a very low red blood
count, platelette count and severely enemic.  He has been taken off the
medication and given some units of blood, but is still very, very weak
and does not seem to be getting any better.  The doctors have not found
the porblem, but are saying that it is not from the drugs, even though
they are very toxic and have been taken for such a long period of time.

Could you please give me some insight into the side effects and problems
this drug can cause as well as some possible treatment.  This is the only
dad I have and he seems to be getting worse instead of better.