Re: ovarian cancer [00462] Medicine On Line

Re: ovarian cancer

>hi, i'm being treated for ovarian cancer, have finished 6 treatments of
>taxol and carbo-platinum.  ca125 at 32 after being at high of 1250; dr's
>reccommending six more treatments...... what do you think?

While I can't comment on individual treatments, this sounds like a fairly
conventional treatment...and the number of treatments is fairly well specified
as well. You might be able to get away with fewer treatments...but the
conventional wisdom as learned from thousands of patients before you is to go
with the protocol.

--
E. Loren Buhle, Jr., Ph.D          INTERNET: BUHLEL01@MCRCR6.MED.NYU.EDU
*** The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the views or