Polycythemia, Essential Thrombocythemia, Myelofibrosis [00457] Medicine On Line

Polycythemia, Essential Thrombocythemia, Myelofibrosis

There are TWO myeloprolific disorder group mailing lists.

MPD-SUPPORT-L is the original mailing list for polycythemia, essential
wasthrombocythemia, and myelofibrosis. The listowner of MPD-NET had a
squabble with me, and then with one or two other MPD-SUPPORT-L
subscribers she stared her own list MPD-NET, which she certainly was
entitled to do. I personally feel however that it was to the detriment
of ALL subscribers to start a second mailing list since many now feel
compelled to subscribe to both mailing lists.

MPD-SUPPORT-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM A myeloprolific disease medical mailing
list focusing on polycythemia vera, essential thrombocythemia,
agnogenic myeloid metaplasia, and myelofibrosis. Anyone - patient,
family member, or health professional, is welcome to join.

Our group started out about 2-3 years ago when just two of us, myself
included and using America on Line, met after reading each other's
inquiry posts in the health section on AOL while looking for someone
else with polycythemia. Over the following months, we added more and
more people and grew into a group of about 40 from around the world but
mostly in the United States, that would write to all by writing to
one and carbon copy the others. Because of size it eventually became
unmanageable, and we requested and received help from AOL to start a
myeloprolific disease mailing list focusing on polycythemia vera,
essential thrombocythemia, and agnogenic myeloid myelofibrosis. Our
mailing list MPD-SUPPORT-L was started around February, 1996. As a
mailing list, many more people know about us. Although our automated
software is on AOL, we now have 125+ subscribers from 9 countries all
around the world and from all the major Internet service providers.

To subscribe to MPD-SUPPORT-L, do the following:

Email to: LISTSERV@LISTSERV.AOL.COM
Subject line: Anything you want but not blank.
Body: SUBSCRIBE MPD-SUPPORT-L John Smith
(Substitute your first and last name for John Smith's)

Or, you can simply navigate your web browser to:
http://cure.medinfo.org/x/EZ-Commands/MPD-SUPPORT-L
Our archives are located at
http://cure.medinfo.org/lists/cancer/mp_search_sl.html
for fast access and
http://cure.medinfo.org/lists/cancer/mp_search.html
for a more graphical one.
The general interface is at
http://cure.medinfo.org/lists/cancer/index_fs.html

Once subscribed, if you wish, send us a little
introduction explaining who you are, your
myeloprolific disease and your treatment history or
your professional interest, along with any questions
or comments you wish to post to our group.

Owner: Robert Tollen <mensabrain@aol.com>