Re: mailto:mol-cancer@lists.kbt.com [00368] Medicine On Line

Re: mailto:mol-cancer@lists.kbt.com

Lynn:
I don't know any MDs in the New Orleans area - I'm in South Carolina. But
there is a standard protocol for hiatal hernia that includes elevating the
head of the bed, eating smaller meals more frequently, not eating for several
hours before bedtime, and avoiding certain foods and drugs. Also, there are
some very effective antiulcer medications that can be prescribed but the
other lifestyle changes should be tried first - they may do the trick.  This
information should have been provided to your Mom by the person who did the
test to diagnose hiatal hernia. If for some reason, the information is not
available, let me know and I will give you more details. I am a clinical
pharmacist, so I have access to medical information and would be glad to help
:)

Kathy D'Achille
KDachille @aol.com