Re: 1-800-Turbans [00366] Medicine On Line

Re: 1-800-Turbans

<< Subj:	1-800-Turbans

                                                                         Dear
Janet,

 Date:	96-07-08 18:58:31 EDT

 This morning a friend happily off chemo said --"who can I give my turbans
 to--I want them out of the house".  We both thought how many other people
 must be looking for ways to pass on turbans to those that need them.

 Thought about a 1-800-Turbans non-for-profit things--getting our local
 churches to collect,wash, repackage with some support notes etc.--and
 then mail them to whoever called 1-800-Turbans and needed one.

 Any thoughts on this idea? Good? Bad? Ways to make it work?

Four years ago I would have promptly agreed.  When I stopped chemo then, I
was anxious to get rid of the wigs and turbans and certain I would never need
them again.  Somehow I never quite got around to it, and am happy I didn't!
 I am on arimidex now, but if it doesn't succeed, chemo and hair loss is only
a few months away!

The ACS here in No.Va. has a sort of lending closet for wigs and things (I
got one there), maybe they also do turbans?  Your idea has merit and if I
weren't being so negative on my third time around, I'd probably support it.

God Bless,
nan