--------------------------------------
Date: 6/24/96 1:27 AM
To: Kristen Juliani
From: mol-cancer@linux.kbt.com
My wife is considering a bone marrow / blood stem cell transplant. She has
just finished 6 months chemotherapy consisting of 90 mg/m2 of adriamycin( per
treatment) and 175   mg/m2 of taxol(per treatment). Her cancer has spread
quite extensively into her bones.  The oncologist has said that she has
responded extremely well to the chemotherapy     and now wants to put my wife
on a maintenance dosage of  the taxol for another 3 or 4  months. While we
understand that no one can pinpoint exactly how much time the chemo has
"bought" her, we need an estimate/range (minimum to maximum) based on
 patients with a similar diagnosis(metastatic breast cancer) and a similar if
not identical  type of chemotherapy regimen.We desperately need this
information so that a decision  can be made regarding the transplant.Our only
other request would be the names of some of the best transplant centers in
the United States and elsewhere, based on having specific protocols for my
wife's condition and on having the highest success rates(cure or at least
long term remission).My wife is 39 years old.Please respond asap.