Essential Thrombocythemia [00321] Medicine On Line

Essential Thrombocythemia

To Whom Ever May Read This:

  I was diagnosed with Essential Thrombocythemia about four years ago.
I have been on Hydrea ever since except for a brief "experiment" to see
how I would fair without the drug. My platelet count went up to 1.2
million and I then suffered a heart attack due to a blood clot. I have
no other evidence of heart disease. An angiagram showed all vessals to
be clear and free of plaque, etc.
  I live in the Los Angeles area and am trying to educate myself more
fully on my condition. Any suggestions, pointers to other sources of
information, etc, would be greatly appreciated.
  My email address is   joela@dxnet.com

  Thanks to all, Joel  6-26-96