Re: (no subject) [00020] Medicine On Line

Re: (no subject)

>My best friend has been diagnosed as having primary hepatacellular liver
>cancer, a tumor 5 to 6cm, with possible metastases to the right lower
>lobe of the lung.  Please, she does not want to have an open thorasic

This would be a far reach for a bronchoscopic biopsy...

I'm not sure what would be gained from a biopsy...aside from possibly using the
met for chemosensitivity testing...

>surgical procedure done for a lung biopsy.  Does anyone have any
>information on what procedures may or may not be done?  Are there any
>alternatives offered for this type of liver tumor that are not surgical?
>Her prognosis is poor at this time, but she is hopeful for some good
>news. Thanks.

Has your friend had any chemo at this point? There are a variety of
approaches...

What is happening now?

--
E. Loren Buhle, Jr., Ph.D          INTERNET: BUHLEL01@MCRCR6.MED.NYU.EDU
*** The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the views or