What makes a drug a good anticancer drug? [00011] Medicine On Line

What makes a drug a good anticancer drug?

Ok...  Here we go.  I am giving a speech on some research done
by
Dr. Farrell and some of his dinuclear platinum complexes.  I am
having
some real problems understanding some things.  What needs to be
looked
at in order to determine if a drug is a good anticancer drug.
In his paper he looks at : DNA Unwinding, DNA-DNA Interstrand
Cross-Linking,
Adduct formation and Sequence Specificity for Dinuclear
Platinum Complexes,
(Pt, Pt) Intrastrand Cross-links.

What I would like to know is what kind of results is he looking
for
inorder to determine that the complexes are good anticancer
drugs?
Example: something is "very effcient cross-linking agent" --->
so what
         does this tell me?

Also why does he look at B-->Z induction (what is it?),
unwinding angle.
and HMG Protein recognition?

If you have any information or can help me please e-mail as
soon as possible.
Thank you so much,
Chris