Re: 35 yr. old W/F diag. CLL/ Need help/ Info [00158] Medicine On Line

Re: 35 yr. old W/F diag. CLL/ Need help/ Info

Kathy -

I have gastric cancer, at the age of 31, which is also quite rare.  Look at
it this way; you have a much better chance of tolerating the treatments well
than the "average" person with CLL.  I'm sure you'll do fine - but you need
to keep your attitude up!

I don't have any info about CLL, but you might want to try posting to cancer-l
(to subscribe, send a message to listserv@wvnvm.wvnet.edu - the body of the
message should say "subscribe <your name>" - this is a very active and very
knowledgable group.  To post a letter, send it to cancer-l@wvnvm.wvnet.edu)

Also, if you're interested in clinical trials, you can try the list
ctf@garcia.com (again, to subscribe write to listserv@garcia.com).

Good luck to you.  So far I've had surgury and six rounds of chemo - I start
the seventh on Monday.  You're at a good place if you're going to
Sloan-Kettering, so I'm sure you'll do great.

lots of love - and various animal sounds

-c

Caylee Nychis-Florence
Neurocognitive Assessment Unit
Yale\CMHC rm. 42