Re: marijuana as medicine [00145] Medicine On Line

Re: marijuana as medicine

>Is there anyone out there who has tried to receive a legal prescription
>for marijuana?

There is the drug marinol, which has the active ingredient of marijanua
(tetrahydrocannobin). Marinol was used as an anti-emetic and appetite enhancer.
Much better antiemetics (anti vomiting meds) are now on the market .. Zoftran
and Kytril come to mind.

>I would appreciate any information anyone might have on this
>subject...personal email would be great.

Marinol is sometimes prescribed for patients with glucoma...but I do not
believe this is a standard treatment.

--
E. Loren Buhle, Jr., Ph.D          INTERNET: BUHLEL01@MCRCR6.MED.NYU.EDU
*** The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the views or