Re: essiac [00140] Medicine On Line

Re: essiac

>can somebody please tell me if they have had or heard of positive
>results using:
>1) ESSIAC tea
>2) hydrazine sulfate
>3) pycnogenol
>
>My mother is presently using these substances to contol her
>cancer.

All of these substances are discussed in Michael Lerner's book "Choices in
Healing". The Essiac tea story is a long one...it originated from a Canadian
nurse named Caisse (note the reveral of her name gives the name of the tea).
The people taking it often swear by it. Even if it doesn't do anything
beneficial, its only detriment is to lighted your wallet.

Hydrazine sulfate is a very old treatment from the 1930s. It was originally
proposed to modify the metabolism of the tumor cells. It didn't work. It was
then proposed to be an appetite enhancer. It didn't work. The NCI did several
trials a few years ago...and the patients did marginally worse on hydrazine
sulfate (probably not statistically relevant).

Pycnogenol is popular in Europe as (I believe) an antioxidant...which might
have something to do with cancer. I do not believe there is any data on this
substance...though there is much money made in the sale of this substance.

So...I hope your mother communicates her supplements to her oncologist. Please
keep the channels of communication open! Do not forgo conventional treatments
in favor of the above agents. For those who abandon their conventional
treatments to depend solely on the above substances...well I know of no longer
term patients still alive...

--
E. Loren Buhle, Jr., Ph.D          INTERNET: BUHLEL01@MCRCR6.MED.NYU.EDU
*** The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the views or