Re: lung Cancer [00074] Medicine On Line

Re: lung Cancer

Hi from another (short duration) survivor! I had half my left lung removed
in early September. The final pathology reports said that a single lymph
node was involved, so I am just finishing up 6 weeks of radiation aimed
specifically at that node. Post-op/pre-radiation pulmonary function test
results fine. So far, lungs remain clean.
I realize that we're not talking about a lot of time here, but I do feel
good about things so far.
I can find no survival numbers beyond those in "The Cancer Book", but I
suspect that individual circumstances contribute so greatly to the answer
that definitive answers are difficult..Before being scheduled for radiation,
my surgeon had suggested re x-ray every 90 days. I'll be checking on that
next week.
Several months ago, I placed a request here similar to yours and got little
in the way of responses. Hopefully, your query will shake up some activity.
I will look forward to seeing more words here!!
Good health-Herb

:      w3iwu@voicenet.com       :
: w3iwu@wb3joe.#epa.pa.usa.noam :