cancer of the cerix metastisized to the lungs [00071] Medicine On Line

cancer of the cerix metastisized to the lungs

I had stage IIB cervical squamous cell carcinoma in June 94, treated by ext.
& internal radiation. In march 95 I was diagnosed with met. to both lungs, CT
scans to the head, bones and abdomen were clear. I received 3 cycles of trial
combination chemotherapy (cisplatin, bleomycin, methotrexate, 5-FU) response
was only noted after the 1st cycle.
I need help on available therapy, both conventional and alternative. Are radiation
or surgery possible options at this stage? I read about heat therapy among other
alternatives (antineoplastons, glycobans,ozone,  Bestatin, gossypol), need unbiased
advice on those and/or other therapies.

Thanks in advance
Reem