Re: WALDENSTROM'S MACROGOBULINEMIA [00069] Medicine On Line

Re: WALDENSTROM'S MACROGOBULINEMIA

I'm very new to this forum, so I may not be the appropriate person to answer
your query, but here's a try:  There are roughly four "types" of people on
this cancer-list; 1) those with cancer or who have survived cancer; 2) those
with loved ones that have had cancer; 3) doctors who have helpful
information or are seeking patients for clinical studies; 4) people diong
independent research.  Likewise, the group has many functions.  Fist and
formost, we support each other and share experiences in order to educate.
By and large, this seems to be a group that is NOT complacent, and wants to
know as much as possible in order to make informed decisions.  When I first
joined, I described my cancer (gastric adenocarcinoma) and asked about new
treatments or studies.  I got a few really helpful replies.  Then I asked
about herbal remedies, and we got a heated discussion going.  Then I started
to send out jokes, because they simply make me feel better.  I think it's a
wonderful group of people, here, and if you want to share you experiences or
vent some frustration, it's a good place.

I've also read about a group called Cancervive - for people like you who
have survived your first ordeal, but are now no doubt facing other types of
crises like not being able to get health insurance or facing discrimination.
I can find more info for you if you'd like.  But we'd love to have you here.

-caylee

At 09:00 AM 10/21/95 -0400, you wrote:
>I am a cancer surviver of eleven years.  I was first diagnosed October, 1984.
> But, before I go any further,  can you please give me some additional
>information on you, what you are doing with this information and the like.
> Thank you

moo
buzz
schdloop