osteogenic sarcoma [00060] Medicine On Line

osteogenic sarcoma

My mother aged 67 years recently died of osteogenic sarcoma.
It arose in the left breast, in fact a lump (sarcoma) grew overnight to
the size of a fist.
By the time it was diagnosed she had secondaries in the lungs, skull,
ribs, shoulder, sternum.
She died 95 days after it presented.
Can anyone tell how common this type of cancer arising in the breast of a
woman in that age group is?
Her surgeon said it was very rare but he was not able to be more
specific.
Any ideas on causes or  symptoms would be helpful.
i am a journalist and I'd like to do an article on this form of the
disease, also need the infor for my own education.
Please email any information to : desley@warp.ecn.net.au
Thanks