Neurofibrosarcoma [00050] Medicine On Line

Neurofibrosarcoma

Dear Loren Buhle,
I have contacted you before but it has been some time ago and I don't
remember what you said.  I see your good answers to people on mol-cancer and
I wonder if you have any answers for me.  I had a neurofibrosarcoma that was
removed with my left jaw in Feb. 93  it reocurred as a 1 x 4 cc brain tumor
in the V3 cranial nerve last June and was treated with gamma knife on July 17
1994.  Since then MRI's in Oct. 94 and Feb. 95 have indicated that the main
tumor has stabilized or shrunk slightly but additional loss of facial muscle
function and a MRI in Sept. indicate that fingers of the tumor continue to
grow.  My Kaiser Dr. scheduled me for chemotherapy this Fri but due to jury
duty I have postponed it until next Wed.  I am somewhat concerned that Taxol
might not be the strongest treatment and also some literature indicated that
Taxol has caused glioblastomas to spread.  Do you have any ideas for me.
Sincerely,
George Myles