Re: Hepataocellular Carcinoma [00039] Medicine On Line

Re: Hepataocellular Carcinoma

>I have a question regarding a friend who has the above subject.  He was
>diagnosed in April of 95, he has a 5 1/2" tumor in the liver.  It has spread
>to the lungs and lymphnods.  He has lost 30 pounds.
>
>His wife is trying to get a honest straight answer as to how long he has.
> She is trying to prepare.  She is being told, it could be 3 months to 5
>years.  This seems to be a very large timetable.

Everyone's response to treatment and to their own cancer is somewhat
different...this is why there is a wide range. What treatment...in terms of
chemo, radiation, and surgery (e.g. cryosurgery) has been performed so far?

--
E. Loren Buhle, Jr., Ph.D          INTERNET: BUHLEL01@MCRCR6.MED.NYU.EDU
*** The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the views or