Questionable Treatment for Skin Cancer [00025] Medicine On Line

Questionable Treatment for Skin Cancer

My mother has recurring basal cell skin cancer on/in her nose. She has
already had many spots cut out. Her doctor now says the best treatment for
her is surgery to take off _all_ the skin from her nose and replace it with
skin grafted from her forehead.

This seems wierd to me. Does anyone know if this being performed before? Is
it the _only_ treament left for her? How many surgeries will this entail -
including the skin removal, plastic surgery for the grafting, etc. Will this
leave her forehead and nose scarred? Please help. Any information is
appreciated.

Ellen Gary

EllenG4787@aol.com