Re: Brain Cancer [00023] Medicine On Line

Re: Brain Cancer

>My brother has a glioblastoma multiforme. We want to know what's ahead.
>Gamma knife experience?  Let me know how you're dealing with this.
> JET

There is a listserv called BRAINTMR which addresses these matters quite well.
This listserv has many patients and physicians participating.

Brain Tumor Discussion Mailing List:
Leave the subject line blank, and set the first message line to:
subscribe BRAINTMR your_first_name your_last_name

There are also World Wide Web Resources for Brain tumors at the following
addresses:

Brain Tumors
------------
http://www.halcyon.com/sbarnes/trial/trial.html - This is a list of
      clinical trials and noteworthy treatments for adult glioblastoma
      multiforme  (a form of brain cancer).
   NEW LOCATION: http://www.lanminds.com/local/brain/trial.html
http://neurosurgery.mgh.harvard.edu/mghns-hp.htm - Mass General Neurosurgical
        Service
http://neurosurgery.mgh.harvard.edu/nonc-hp.htm - Mass General Neuro-oncology
        Service
http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~lberko/abta_html/abta1.htm - American Brain
           Tumor Association Home Page
http://keck.ucsf.edu/ - W.M. Keck Foundation Center for Integrative
 Neuroscience (UCSF)
http://www.usc.edu/hsc/neurosurgery - Univ. Southern California
 Neurosurgery
http://www.econ.uiuc.edu/~emma/home.html - Emma Koenkev's home page (brain
   tumor patient).
http://www.med.harvard.edu/AANLIB/home.html - Whole Brain Atlas

-----
The Gamma Knife is a commercial instrument to perform stereotactic
radiosurgery. There are other ways, using a conventional linear accelerator, to
accomplish the same type of treatment. Stereotactic radiosurgery is one way to
approach GBM...either before, after or instead of surgery.

Questions?

--
E. Loren Buhle, Jr., Ph.D          INTERNET: BUHLEL01@MCRCR6.MED.NYU.EDU
*** The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the views or